Monday, November 5, 2012

The Hoard

I was home in Mandauein Cebu during the long weekend and went home to a mess—which looked like a scene from straight from a hidden object gamethat I left a few months ago. With nothing to do in four days, I decided to clean up the disorderwhich should have been taken care of before I left to move to a new city.

The next day; All Souls' Day, while some where off to or at the beach and everyone was off to the cemeteries to remember their dearly departed—I don't mean to disrespect but I don’t really do anything pertaining to the deadI spent the whole day tidying up. I was rummaging through my stuff, picking out the things that I want to keep and throwing out stuff that I deem I no longer need.

So, what crazy mix of stuff did I find in my hoard?

1. books

My high school textbooks. 
Escape to the Hills


2. CDs

Smallville, American Wedding, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
and Pokémon: The First Movie soundtrack albums.

3. magazines

I used to have a subscription to Reader's Digest. Got the Forbes and PC Buyer's Guide from the mall exhibit. 
At the time when most of my peers were buying men's magazine, I bought these. 

4. movie tickets

Thor, The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger and the like.

5. my old stamp collection

A poorly-handled collection.

6. plushies

Got these from the claw crane. I kept some as trophies and gave away
the rest to kids and moms in the arcade.

7. a bunch of posters

4th generation pokémon 
film and anime posters


8.  internet and phone cards



9. running singlets, running bibs and finisher's certificate

I was an active runner between the years 2009 and 2010. 
My first finisher's certificate. Finished 3K at around 15 minutes.

10. more toys

Happy Meal toys
Got this pellet drum for the year 2000

I don't remember playing with these. I don't know who owned these.

11. trading cards

YuYu Hakusho cards 
Pokémon cards

12. unused calendars

Got these from the anime magazines.

13. a box of dead beetles

Bay leaves to repel the ants 

Digging through the hoard, I also found coins (money, yay!), my old wallet (more money, yay!), game cartridges, a deck of playing cards, clothing tags, pens and pencils, McDonald’s discount coupons and a dusty box of decaying butterfly wings. And the rest was trash.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommend on Google